Wednesday, November 7, 2012

A proud teacher moment.

It's exam week.

A fretful time for a new teacher, right?

Well I am proud and happy to report that, after grading my 2nd grade math exams (for my learning support students), the principal and I looked at the grades and decided, "This one doesn't need learning support anymore. Neither does this one, neither does this one." That's right, three of my kids are going back to regular ed math! They can handle the work!

This is NOT me saying I had anything to do with it. These kids have been capable all along. But it sure felt good to look at their scores today and say, "Why, look at these bright kids!"

Maybe I'm working myself out of a job, but it sure feels good. This girl is a proud teacher today.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Congratualations, Kristen! What an exciting moment :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome girl. But I have to say, I bet you had SOMETHING to do with it. I mean, there's a reason YOU'RE the person who's there, now, teaching these kids. Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete