Thursday, December 6, 2012

A silly story.

Just a silly story that will (hopefully) put a smile on your face.

As I mentioned in my last post, I have a constant stream of kids coming to me after school. "Miss Kristen, staple this!" "Miss Kristen, I need a band-aid!" "Miss Kristen, lend me a pencil!" "Miss Kristen, I want to do my homework in your room!" "Miss Kristen!" Miss Kristen!" "Miss Kristen!"

I love these children. I do, with all my heart. But I have to tell you, this gets exasperating.

Our story takes place after school, with the typical gaggle of children elbowing their way into my personal space. (Did I mention I love them? Because I do.) I'm listening to one of them explain what he needs from me, when, from out of nowhere, one of the others reaches up and, I kid you not, whacks me on the forehead with his notebook. Not sure whether to laugh or be horrified, I looked at him in shock. As did the other kids. One of the older students even proceeded to chastise him for his unprovoked behavior.

At this, he shrunk back a little bit and looked around shyly. And all he said was...

"There was a mosquito."




So, a big thank you is owed to my small friend who rescued me from what probably was a vile, malaria-carrying creature. Hero of the day, everybody!

Here's my little hero at our end-of-summer beach trip (sorry, it's the most recent photo I've got). 
This picture cracks me up every time...what a goofball!

2 comments:

  1. Strangely enough, your first paragraph could easily be applied to the college students I see everyday in our office. If am continually amazed at the number of grown up college kids that walk the halls of our academic buildings, going from class to class...without something to write with. Crazy, right?

    In any case, thanks for sharing this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's hilarious, Kristen! :) He's such a nut.

    ReplyDelete