Saturday, November 5, 2011

A blog-worthy Jesus moment.

So I'm sitting with (teammates) Brent and Letitia in the Salt Lake City airport right now. Yes, you read right. Salt Lake City. I confess I've lamented a couple of times about the fact that we had to fly WEST in order to head EAST (and south...oh yeah, we're on our way to the DR as we speak!). Anyway. Now I know why.
We're sitting at our gate, chatting away, when Letitia nudges me and says, "Hey...that guy over there is looking at a map of Haiti!" Sure enough, he is. We strike up a conversation. Turns out, there's a team of fifteen or so who are on their way to Haiti on a medical missions trip! And they're on our flight to JFK! We'll part ways there, as they're headed directly to Haiti and we'll be in the DR for about a week first. Nevertheless, God knows what we need before we ask. He knew that I've been needing moments of encouragement and special reminders of His presence with us, and He has been delivering in a big way. Come to think of it, He's allowed me to encounter other believers on every leg of this journey so far:
Philly to Houston: Struck up a conversation with a middle-aged couple who love Jesus.
Houston to CO Springs: There were several people on my flight who were headed to the very same missions training as I was.
And now, I traveled from Denver to Salt Lake with Brent and Letitia and we just happened to strike up a conversation with a group of believers headed to Haiti.

Can we get a round of applause for Jesus up in here? Because He is awesome and faithful.

Signing off for now...I'll catch you from the island! Keep praying for us!

1 comment:

  1. Yay update! I prayed for you Friday, and the Lord gave me a real sense that he was holding you in his hands. So happy to read that he is doing just that, and like always, more!

    ReplyDelete