Wednesday, February 6, 2013

missionary-turned-food-blogger? nah...

Hey there readers.

So, I baked a grapefruit today. [Um, sorry, did I fail to mention that this post has nothing to do with my media fast? I was a little excited about the grapefruit.]

You know how that's all popular and trendy these days? The baked-grapefruit-trend? Anybody?
 Right. So, we finished dinner and I wanted a little something sweet. Behold, we had grapefruits. We had brown sugar. And we had not much other sweet stuff in the house.

That was enough motivation for me to whip out the ole computer in search of a recipe. Which basically boils down to this: 1. Cut grapefruit in half. 2. Cut around the edge to separate fruit from skin. 3. Cut around the little sections. 4. Sprinkle brown sugar on top. 5. Broil for 5 minutes. (Or, if you happen to live in Haiti with a gas oven that has no broiler, just turn your oven heat up as high as it will go, and pop that grapefruit in.)

It was quite delicious, and definitely something I would make again. (I failed to take a picture of it because, well, I was a little too interested in consuming it. I would make a terrible food blogger.) Here is a beautiful picture that someone else took of this delectable creation.


So, um, sorry if this post is semi-lame/irrelevant. I just felt like you should experience this, if you haven't already. That's all, though my media fast will in fact be over in about a week. Expect a post on that not too far into the future. Until then, go bake yourself a grapefruit!

No comments:

Post a Comment